For more information contact the local 4-H office. firstname.lastname@example.org or 985-875-2635
- Age 21 or older for all disciplines.
- Ability to work with youth and adults.
- Have an interest in shooting and some knowledge of shooting techniques.
- State 4-H certification in specific discipline and re-certified as required.
- Be familiar with 4-H objectives and philosophy and/or willing to learn about them.
- Moral standards consistent with the 4-H philosophy.
- Stress shooting safety.
- Coordinate activities with the Shooting Sports parish coordinator.
- Coach members on proper shooting techniques.
- Attend parish meetings and activities.
- Recruit and train assistant instructors as needed.
- Inform parish coordinator about and help secure needed equipment and facilities.
- Recruit parents and members.
- Participate in additional training programs the parish Shooting Sports Committee decides to include.
- Help plan the yearly program
- Actively encourage and support members.
- Encourage members to participate in other 4-H events and activities.
- Submit an annual report to the parish coordinator.
- Evaluate all assistant instructors annually and submit the results to the parish coordinator.
- Promote environmental awareness by participants.